All staff working directly with children will have a probationary period during which they will be supervised and supported.
Ongoing supervision, training and programme planning sessions, together with monthly performance reviews and annual staff appraisals ensure that:
- Our staff team are provided with opportunities for continual professional development.
- Opportunities to identify/request additional training.
Bumbles Day Care is a member of the Early Years Organisation (EYO) which provides us with access to relevant literature and training for on-going staff development. In addition, we work closely with other training centres/agencies to ensure appropriate training in e.g. first aid, food hygiene, safe lifting and handling, use of fire equipment etc. There are also in-service training opportunities during the course of the day at Bumbles e.g. Introduction to heuristic play, Treasure Basket etc.
All staff training must be recorded by completing a training form via the Team Zone of our website, to include, course title , date(s), times and an outline of what was covered etc. This includes all dates of attendance when undertaking a recognised qualification eg CCLD, Playwork – all levels, First Aid, Child Protection, etc.
Feedback is obtained from staff on all training undertaken and assessment is carried out by management on the effectiveness of training.
We want to ensure that:
- Employees and volunteers develop their skills and knowledge. This is pivotal for employee/volunteer development and will increase standards in the quality care provided in the setting.
- Staff are enabled to regularly refresh existing knowledge and skills to maintain existing competency.
- An enabling working environment is created where continuous professional development and training takes place, where staff are enthused and motivated in their roles which in turn enhances staff retention.
- All staff and volunteers are continually working towards improved quality and high standards of service within the setting.