Principle and statement of intent
Bumbles Day Care aims to safeguard all staff and children who use our facilities. This policy has been produced in line with the Department of Health & Social Services NI – Childminding & Day Care for children under 12 Minimum Standards published in July 2012.
- Staff personal mobile phones must be switched off and placed in their staffroom locker during scheduled work time.
- Staff personal Mobile phones should only be accessed during authorised rest breaks
- Bumbles Day Care main telephone number may be given by staff as a work/emergency contact number for incoming calls only.
- If a member of staff is expecting an emergency or important call, then their personal mobile phone may be switched on but must not be kept on their person. Permission may be sought from the Manager/Deputy Manager who will agree and determine a suitable area or place where the phone is accessible should the need arise.
- During group outings nominated staff will have access to the setting’s nominated mobile phone, which is to be used for emergency purposes only.
- Staff who will be required to drive on behalf of Bumbles Day Care must ensure any work and/or personal mobile phones are to be switched off whilst driving.