Principle & statement of intent
It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with the following rules and procedures. Any breaches will result in disciplinary action including dismissal. If you have any concerns or require clarification on any issue(s), please raise them with management. Bumbles Day Care may need to change the rules from time to time and any such changes will be notified to you as appropriate.
(This list is not exhaustive)
You are expected to act wholeheartedly in the interests of Bumbles Day Care at all times. Any conduct detrimental to its interests or its relations with any third party, or damaging to its public image, shall be considered to be a breach of Bumbles Day Care rules.
- You have an obligation to ensure that you do not act in a manner which could be considered to be of an unlawful discriminatory nature.
- You are expected to achieve and maintain a good standard of work and to show a conscientious approach to the job or to the detail of that job to a standard that may reasonably be expected.
- You are expected to show the skill or aptitude required for the job, especially where such skills are claimed or implied at the time your employment commenced.
- You are expected to read and observe all authorised notices as displayed.
- You must not perform, arrange or carry out any work or activity which could be considered to be in competition with or affect in any way Bumbles Day Care interests
- You are engaged on the basis that you must be prepared to undertake reasonable duties other than those for which you have been specifically engaged, to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Personal hygiene and appearance must be of an acceptable standard.
- You must not make use of telephones, faxes, e-mail or postal facilities or any other communication mode for personal purposes without prior permission of management.
- You are not permitted to remove material or equipment of any kind from Bumbles Day Care without prior permission.
- Working time and/or Bumbles Day Care materials or equipment must not be used for any unauthorised work.
- Visitors are not allowed onto the premises at any time without prior authority.
- An orderly and courteous manner must be maintained in front of customers, clients, visitors, suppliers, other employees and the general public.
- Socialising is not permitted on the premises without prior authorisation.
- Bumbles Day Care reserves the right to require you to agree to submit your person or property to being searched whilst on Bumbles Day Care premises, or at any time at the reasonable requirement of Bumbles Day Care.
- You are required to comply with Bumbles Day Care policy of not permitting the display of flags, emblems, posters, graffiti, etc. Or the circulation of literature which is likely to give offence or cause apprehension among particular groups of employees.
The following acts are examples of Gross Misconduct offences and as such will render you liable to disciplinary action including dismissal (i.e. Dismissal without notice and without previous warnings). This list is not exhaustive.
- Fighting, physical assault or dangerous horseplay.
- Deliberate refusal or wilful failure to carry out a reasonable and lawful direct instruction given by management during working hours.
- Gross insubordination.
- The use of threatening or aggressive behaviour or excessive bad language.
- Theft, or misappropriation of property belonging to Bumbles Day Care, customers, clients, visitors, suppliers, other employees or the general public.
- Wilful damage or negligence involving damage to property belonging to Bumbles Day Care, customers, clients, visitors, suppliers, other employees or the general public.
- Performing, arranging or carrying out any work or activity which could be considered to be in competition with, or which adversely affects in any way, the interests of Bumbles Day Care..
- Fraud or any other illegal offence committed against Bumbles Day Care.
- Drinking alcohol during working hours, being under the influence of alcohol/drugs and/or drug abuse.
- Breach of safety rules and/or any action which seriously endangers the health and safety of an employee or any other person whilst at work.
- Deliberately making a false entry in the written records of Bumbles Day Care.
- Knowingly giving false information or deliberately omitting relevant information on the job application form or curriculum vitae.
- Unlawful discrimination.
- Receipt of bribes to effect the placing of business with a supplier of goods or services.
- Inaccurate or fraudulent recording of financial transactions.
- Unauthorised access to disclosure of any confidential information from whatever source.
- Falsification of working hours
- Criminal or other offences causing harm to the reputation of Bumbles Day Care or relations with its employees.
- Undertaking any form of paid alternative employment, self-employment or voluntary work where you are absent from work and are in receipt of sick pay, including Statutory Sick Pay.
- Unauthorised absence.
- Gross immorality.
- Smoking in designated non-smoking areas.
- Misuse of e-mail/Internet facilities.
- The act of copying computer software without authorisation
- The use of unauthorised software on Bumbles Day Care PC’s.
- The unauthorised disabling of anti-virus software.
- Failure to carry out necessary virus checks.
- Use of pirate software on Bumbles Day Care PC’s.