Normal control measures
- Supervise children using the apparatus / instruct them in the correct use of all elements.
- Staff to visually check all ropes – knots secure, no signs of abrasion or tampering
- Staff to physically check the equipment – Check for pulley, web swing, zip line seat and climbing swing.
- Check for any breakages, any sharp or rough edges
- Check all equipment fastenings ie nuts, bolts and carabiners – check carabiner screw gates are in working order
Before connecting zip line:
- Check rope tensions with staff body weight
- Check screw gate on seat attachment carabiner lock
- Check path of zipline is obstacle free and that children are not playing in the path line / immediate area
At all times:
- There must be direct / near supervision by staff members when zip line and swings are attached
- Protective equipment to be considered eg helmets / gloves etc
- No more than 2 children are allowed in the web-swing / no children should be standing around the web swing when it is in use
- Before connecting the web swing element, the 2 blue crash mats must be placed in position and fastened to the wall at the rear of web swing (as per illustrated photos on poster always stored with the crash mats) thus preventing injury should the swing collide with the wall.