Principle and statement of intent
By You – If you wish to resign, you should do so in writing giving such notice as is specified in your Statement of Main Terms of Employment.
By Bumbles Day Care – You will be entitled to receive from Bumbles Day Care the notice as is specified in your Statement of Main Terms of Employment.
You will be summarily dismissed (i.e. without notice) if there has been an act of Gross Misconduct. Generally this includes any breach of duty, conduct which brings Bumbles Day Care into disrepute or action which is inconsistent with the relationship required between employee and employer; but further examples are contained at Gross Misconduct in Rules and Procedures.
The normal retirement age of Bumbles Day Care is 65 years. You will have the right to request to continue working indefinitely, or for a stated time period. Statute does not provide you with the automatic right to continue working after your retirement date but Bumbles Day Care will consider your request.
The following procedure will be followed:
- Notification – You will be notified in writing of your intended date of retirement between 12-6 months before your date of retirement and advised of your right to request to continue working.
- Request – If you wish to continue working indefinitely or for a fixed period beyond this intended retirement date you must put this request in writing between 6-3 months before this date.
- Consideration – A meeting will be arranged as soon as is reasonably practicable to consider this and the employee has a right to be accompanied by a fellow worker to the meeting.
- Outcome – After the meeting Bumbles Day Care will inform you whether or not the employment will continue indefinitely, or for a stated period. If this request is refused the retirement date will be confirmed and details of an appeal provided.
- Appeal – If you wish to appeal against the decision of Bumbles Day Care you should do so in writing within 14 days of your notification.