Principle and statement of intent
In line with the Early Years Organisation’s (EYO) policy statement on admissions, at Bumbles Day Care we admit “children from all cultural, religious and financial backgrounds and also welcome children with disabilities and learning difficulties”.
At Bumbles Day Care we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity by providing activities which are open to all children and their families. We aim to ensure that all individuals who wish to work in Bumbles as staff or volunteers have an equal opportunity to do so.
Bumbles Day Care provides all round day care (Monday - Friday) to children between the ages of 12 weeks and 11 years in the following settings:-
- Bumbles 1, Day Nursery - open from 7.45 am to 5.45 pm and registered to accommodate a maximum of 52 children at any one time.
- Bumbles in the Park - open from 1.00 pm to 5.45 during term time and 8.00 - 5.45 during non-term time. BITP is registered for 22 children at any one time. (During September we open for full days to facilitate settling in at nursery school)
- Bumbles @ Rosetta - open from 1.30 pm - 5.45 pm term time and 8.00 am to 5.45 pm during school holidays. Bumbles @ Rosetta is registered for 48 children at any one time. (During September we open earlier to facilitate early school finish times)
- Bumbles by the Park - open from 1.30 pm - 5.45 pm term time and 8.00 am to 5.45 pm during school holidays. Bumbles @ Rosetta is registered for 48 children at any one time.(During September we open earlier to facilitate early school finish times)
Once parents complete a digital enquiry form through the website, we will be in contact to let you know if we have a space available. The enquiries are time and date stamped, so they form a list so that we know which family enquired first. If we have a space available for your child’s group, we will arrange for you to have a tour of Bumbles and we can secure a space for them through our registration process. Parents can place their child’s name on our waiting list at the pre-natal stage if they so wish, but in this case, places will not be allocated according to the length of time their child’s name has been on this list, but whether a place is available in the appropriate age group.
Where all things are equal and more children want places than are available, the following admissions criteria will apply:
- Priority will be given to those children who have siblings already at Bumbles Day Care
- Priority will be given to children requiring full-time rather that part-time care, when full-time places are available
- Priority will then be given to a child who has been on the waiting list for the longer period of time
A child whose name is not on the waiting list but who falls within the categories below may also be offered a place:
- Child referred by Social Services, Health Visitor or other Health Care Professional
- Child who has additional needs needs.
Once a place has been accepted, parents will then be required to complete registration details via Famly, we will need your email address to do this. This will include as well as the child’s details:-
- Name, address and contact numbers of all parents/carers who may drop off or collect
- A clear “zoomed in” picture of your child’s face
- Zoomed in facial photos of parents / carers or anyone who may drop off or collect
- Information about any health issues or medication required
- Parental consent for general activities
At Bumbles Day Care, we recognise the importance of keeping in close contact with parents in order to meet the needs of each individual child most effectively. Parents are the most knowledgeable people about their children and are also their first and most influential educators.